2024 Grammys: See full list of Nigerian artistes who got nominated

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
The nominees for the prestigious 2024 Grammy Award have been released and as usual, Nigerian artistes raked a reasonable amount of nominations for the fatherland.

A71E8891-463A-4873-8C33-D2FF72789E69-768x768.jpeg

This year's Grammy Award nomination took a different turn and came as a surprise. It seems the Afrobeats movement has taken the world by storm and it isn't stopping anytime soon.

The 2024 Grammy Award is going to hold on 4th February 2024 at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles, USA.

Congratulations were in order as the nominees list for the 66th Grammy Award was released a few days ago. Davido bagged three nominations at the Grammys for the first time in his career after a successful 10 year run. The self-acclaimed African Giant also bagged three nominations to become the African artist to have the most Grammy nominations.

For the first time, singer Olamide bagged a Grammy nomination for featuring in his signee Asake's song Amapiano. Olamide also becomes a proud father as his signees Fireboy DML and Asake bagged nominations.

Mavins first lady Ayra Starr is now the youngest Grammy nominated Nigerian artist. Tems also earned her second Grammy nomination for her contribution to Black Panther's theme song by Rihanna Lift Me Up.

See the full list of the nominations below:

Davido - Best Global Music Performance (Feel)
Best African Music Performance (Unavailable)
Best Global Music Album (Timeless)

Burna Boy - Best Melodic Rap Performance (Sitting on Top of the World ft 21 Savage)
Best African Music Performance (City Boys)
Best Global Music Performance (Alone)
Best Global Music Album (I Told Them)

Ayra Starr - Best African Music Performance (Rush)

Asake and Olamide - Best African Music Performance (Amapiano)

Fireboy DML - Album of the Year for his contribution to Jon Batiste's World Music Radio

Ckay - Album of the Year for his contribution to Janelle Monae's The Age of Pleasure

Tems - Best Song Written for Visual Media category for co-writing Rihanna's Lift Me Up