All my songs are underrated - Oxlade

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer Oxlade gave an honest opinion about his music yesterday during an interview with The Beat 99.9 FM Lagos, saying his songs are underrated.

Screenshot_20230722-085100_1.jpg

When asked what his most underrated song was, he answered and said, "All my songs are underrated including Ku Lo Sa"

Oxlade, one of the new generation artists with a fresh and unique sound, had a great run last year with his hit single Ku Lo Sa. The song gained international recognition across continents and got people dancing on TikTok.

Even after topping the charts for months, singer Oxlade still thinks his viral hit Ku Lo Sa is part of the list of his underrated songs.

However, he gave himself some credit saying, "I make the best music. I make the best jams." Listing his songs to buttress the point, he continued, "Is it Away? Is it Ojuju?"

Screenshot_20230722-084810_1.jpg

The interviewer further questioned him, asking why he feels his songs are underrated when he has billions of streams. Oxlade answered and said, "I'm saying I deserve more. You call it billions, I wanna see trillions. How about that? Maybe I'm ambitious but it is what it is."

He was also asked to mention a song that he wished he sang. He went on to mention Omah Lay's You and Fireboy's King. His face lit up as he spoke about how much he would have loved to sing King by Fireboy. But he said it can't be because Fireboy is his best friend.

Oxlade, being the one to always give himself credit and own his art, concluded by saying, "It's not like I don't have my own classics you know."

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy