Burna boy was accused of disrespecting Obafemi Martins by rapper CDQ

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 5, 2020
“I still can’t phantom this an artist just disrespected Obagoal on 100% thinking he’s now bigger n say e don get mouth pass Obafemi Martins. And I imagine how he was able to go back home in sleep comfortably without conscience in this same Lagos. Igbagbè manshe awa eda ooo. Burna for the first time I’m disappointed in u!

U and ur boys need to go apologize to Obagoal now! No let dem dey deceive u wit ur village title say african gi-ant com dey disrespect Oba. Eko lonpe bi. Obafemi Martins is not anybody’s mate. If we dey cry make we dey see.”

These were the tweet of popular Nigerian rapper, CDQ, that began the battle of fans choosing sides between Obafemi Martins, Obagoal, and Burna Boy. Obagoal, who currently plays for the Chinese side, Wuhan FC, was said to fall into an altercation with the African Giant, Burna Boy, and his boys at a club on Sunday night. CDQ was reportedly said to have been present at the scene.

CDQ expressed his disappointment in Burna Boy in his tweet, claiming regardless of the height attained by Burna Boy, it is something that can’t match Obagoal’s achievement. These tweets made Twitter went gaga, with fans boasting of their fave’s achievement, and trust me there was plenty of savage replies. That, cannot be far-fetched from Naija Twitter.

Thinking of achievement in their respective fields, the two have done well for themselves. Obagoal started tearing nets in the Serie A, when he was with Inter Milan, a football club in Italy. He went ahead to win the Carling cup for Birmingham City FC, against almighty Arsenal FC. He has been successful all around his career, traveling from Italy, to England, America, Russia, Spain, Germany, and China. While Burna Boy can claim to be the African Giant, winning the Grammy award on the 15th of March will further stamp his claim as African Giant and he will be up there, in the global space, with multiple awards to his name.

The two of them have tried for themselves, if achievement should be judged by popularity, it can be said that Obagoal ranks higher than Burna Boy, globally. If it is to be judged by earnings, Obagoal should lead the way, because these are the two major categories fans are using to check the biggest star of the two. And if by impact, Obagoal has inspired so many young ones to pursue their dreams, especially when he left Nigeria for Italy at age, 17. Burna Boy on the other hand has impacted lives with his voice and doing the Fela-esque kind of music.

With the news making rounds, it can be deduced that Burna Boy and his boys were in the wrong. The two are yet to confirm CDQ’s report.