Can Conor MacGregor afford to buy Chelsea?

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Osinachi Gift

Mar 4, 2022
Abramovich Roman, the owner of Chelsea threw the football world in chaos as he officially stated he will pass on control and ownership of Chelsea of which he has been the owner since 2003. His 19 year reign as the owner has been the most prosperous the club has ever experienced.

His recent decision to sell seems closely linked to his association with the Russian Government who launched an attack on Ukraine.

In a press statement released on the club’s website, He stated “I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. In the current situation, I have therefore taken the decision to sell the club, as I believe this is in the interest of employees as well as the club’s sponsors and partners.”

In response to this, many bidders including the outstandish UFC star Conor McGregor has indicated interest in owning the historical club.

This comes as a surprise as Conor McGregor is a Known Man United Fan and indicated interest Months ago in gaining ownership of Man United.

In indicating interest in owning Chelsea, He shared a screenshot of his response “Chelsea for E3bn, let’s buy it” to an unknown contact on Whatsapp and posted this screenshot on Twitter with the Caption “I wish to explore this and tagged the club’s official handle.

It should be noted that while McGregor was ranked as the highest paid athlete by Forbes in 2021, his networth is not close enough to afford the E3bn requested by Roman as the selling price, so he may as well be bluffing.

However, he may decide to create a consortium just as Swiss billionaire, Hansjorg Wyss is oreparing already.

Do note that Roman Abramovich quashed the E1.5 billion debt owed by the club to him,