Chef Hilda Baci reveals she had no customers when she started her food business

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian celebrity chef Hilda Effiong Bassey popularly known as Hilda Baci has revealed that she had no customers when she started her food business My Food By Hilda.

Hilda Baci

Hilda Baci revealed this on the recent episode of Tea With Tay podcast. Hilda spoke about how she grew from hosting a show with Pop Central, a media and entertainment company to owning one of the top rated restaurants in Lagos.

Hilda said before she left Pop Central, she prayed to God for an answer and she listened. Prior to leaving, her friends had already told her to start her own food business because she was good at it.They advised her to start with what she had and she would get the exposure later.

She revealed that she went through a traumatizing experience in 2021 and that was her wake up call to start her business. She opened an Instagram page, got a dispatch bike, branded nylons and other things from her savings and she started.

Hilda said she had no customers when she started but she was posting foods she made for her friends. "I didn't have any customers but I started posting food I was making for my friends. I always cooked for my friends."

Her brother Gillian was a huge support in her career as well. During that period, she lived in a small cubicle with her brother. He would always hype her up whenever she was cooking. He posted the videos and they did numbers.

Hilda said she would have gained recognition from TV because she has all it takes. She is eloquent, intelligent and good at writing scripts but God has his way of doing things.

She added, "God has an interesting sense of humor. He'll just be looking at us and we'll be doing what we can and he'd be like, 'when you're done exhausting yourself, you'll come and do what I want you to do."