Erling Haaland Hits Back at Trent Alexander-Arnold For Manchester City Jibe

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Manchester City star Erling Haaland has hit back on Trent Alexander-Arnold for his jibe at Manchester City.

Trent Alexander-Arnold had stoked fires with a begrudging remark on Manchester City's recent unrivaled success. Speaking with FourFourTwo ahead of the crunch Premier League tie between the two clubs, Trent said Liverpool's trophy win will mean more to the team than Manchester City's trophy win.

Looking back on this era, although they've won more titles than us and have probably been more successful, our trophies will mean more to us and our fanbase because of the situations at both clubs, financially," Trent said.

Erling Haaland cleverly downplayed Trent's comment when it was read to him but laced it with a touch of irony.

With a smirk breaking on his cheeks, the 25-year-old said Trent is entitled to his opinion but he was happy coming to Manchester City and winning a treble in his first season - a feeling he (Trent) cannot experience.

"If he wants to say that, okay. I've been here one year and I've won the Treble. It was quite a nice feeling. I don't think he knows exactly this feeling.

"That's what I felt last season and it was quite nice," Haaland said.

City and Liverpool, including Arsenal, are locked in a tight Premier League title race. With a point clear on the table, Liverpool will have a chance to extend the lead on the table as they take on City in a top-of-the-table clash on Sunday, March 10.

It was in the light of the upcoming potential title-deciding clash that Trent said Liverpool's subsequent Premier League triumph could mean more to the fans than City's, who owe their unrivaled success to heavy bankrolling by their rich Gulf state owners.