I almost gave up six hours into the cook-a-thon, Hilda Baci reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
World record holder and chef, Hilda Baci revealed in a recent interview how she almost gave up on her dreams of becoming the record holder for the longest cooking marathon by an individual.

20230613_104037.jpg

She disclosed how she was feeling discouraged six hours after the cook-a-thon started, how she was feeling weak and thought she wasn't up to the task.

"When I started, I started at a disadvantage. During the dry run, I started at 10:19 am. I was up at 7, you know, I came in. I was rested and I got into it. Now during the main event, I was up at 5. I could barely sleep in the night cause I was anxious. Now I got to the venue at about 7:30 and everything wasn't ready and set."

Hilda-Baci-cook-a-thon-5.jpg

She spoke about how her team had issues with the CCTV footage and how the camera wasn't picking up sound. She really wanted to ensure that the evidence was properly documented.

She said, "At some point, the cubicle was shocking cause there were a lot of wires. So they now had to rewire it to check, you know, where the shock was coming from."

"I got in. I did my press interviews. I was upstairs, downstairs, checking to make sure everything was fine and because I'm anxious, I can't just wait to start.", She added.

1684089262140.jpg

She stated that exhausting herself for 12 hours and not resting before the event started, made her feel tired and weak at the beginning. She said, "I was like, people have been here. They have been waiting. I don't wanna lose the crowd. Let's just start. People need to eat."

"And when I started six hours in, my body started to tell because it's like you need to shut down. And I feel like at that moment, I looked at the crowd and it sort of dawned on me, you know, what I was embarking on and then the thought of failure dawned on me as well." She added.

20230515_202700.jpg

She said her anxiety levels went high, her hands were shaking, and it was uncontrollable. She appreciated her brother and mother for encouraging her and giving her the motivation she needed in that moment to keep going.

Hilda-Baci-cook-a-thon-11.jpg

At about 8 hours in, she threw up due to the stress. Surprisingly, she began to feel more energetic than ever before and this gave her more strength till the end of the event.

See interview here:

Hilda Baci was announced as the new Guinness World Record Holder for the longest cooking marathon of 93 hours and 11 minutes by an individual on June 14 2023.

20230621_171510.jpg

Video credit: TikTok @thedrivenwoman

Last edited: