I always knew he would be great, Burna Boy's mom, Bose Ogulu speaks

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Burna Boy's mom and manager Bose Ogulu said she always knew her son Damini Ogulu popularly known as Burna Boy would be great.

GettyImages-1397432365.jpg

While speaking to BBC news, she said she had known her son would be great since he was 13 or 14. She said Burna Boy is still a work in progress and he has many more milestones and dreams to achieve.

"I knew he was going to be great at something and it was probably music. I had already seen him in the studio. I watched him form a high school band. We started trading studio time for grades.", Bose Ogulu said.

She revealed that she often told her son that if he gets an A or B, she would pay for studio time during his midterm breaks. Bose Ogulu said Nigerian parents are usually particular about going to school and getting a degree just because they think their children need a safety net but success is much more than that.

Bose Ogulu also known as Mama Burna is Burna Boy's mother and manager. She is the daughter of Benson Idonije, Fela Kuti's manager when he was alive.

She is fluent in English, German, Yoruba, Italian, Spanish and French. She also taught French at the University of Education, Port Harcourt. Bose Ogulu is married to Samuel Ogulu and they have three children Damini Ogulu aka Burna Boy, Nissi Ogulu, and Ronami Ogulu from their marriage.