I feel like a trailblazer, Hilda Baci makes remark about those attempting to break her record

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Guinness World record holder Hilda Baci revealed in a recent interview with CNN how she feels about those attempting to break her record.

20230621_171510.jpg

It is no longer news that about two people have attempted to break Hilda Baci's record after GWR announced her as the new record holder for the longest cooking marathon by an individual.

Chef Dammy and Chef Deo have attempted to break the record on two different occasions but GWR hasn't said anything yet about them.

img_1689154249484_1.jpg

Other Nigerians have also engaged in breaking other records that are unrelated to Hilda Baci's record but it is quite evident that the sudden drive of Nigerians to break records was stemmed from Hilda Baci's groundbreaking victory.

While talking to CNN, Hilda Baci said it feels so amazing to accomplish her long time dream to put Nigerian cuisine on the map and because it's something she has been planning for for a long time, she's happy she completed it.

1684089262140.jpg

"I feel like Nigerian food is really good food and you know, the more people try our recipes or the more people hear about it, they'll be willing to, you know, try the recipes, make it." She said

She continued, "I was trying to create an experience that was never before seen, which is why we had the event at such a grand scale. There were just so many things. I wanted to make myself proud, my family proud, my country proud."

Hilda-Baci-cook-a-thon-5.jpg

Furthermore, she spoke on the whole process of the cookathon. She revealed she worked on her body, how she lost weight and made sure she built her stamina and core strengths needed to withstand any pressure from the exercise.

Speaking on the GWR guidelines, she said, "When the approval came, it came with a long list of guidelines which meant that it was important to put a lot of things in place. The kitchen needed to be inspected. We needed to have health inspectors on ground the entire time. I was expected to have timekeepers. There was video evidence required. Like three different kinds of video evidence."

"I had to do a test trial. I had a 24 hours dry run before the main 4 days cooking marathon just to see how my body would react to it."

When asked how she feels about other people attempting to break her record, she smiled and said, "It feels good. I feel like for people to want to do what you have done, it means you did it so well that they are inspired to now try the same. So I honestly just feel like I started a trend or like I'm pretty much a trailblazer. That's how I look at it. Because only a trailblazer will start something and then other people would want to do it because it was successful, it was properly done."

20230515_202700.jpg

"And just seeing how good it is, people are now inspired to say, oh I want to do this as well. So it just means I have inspired something. Obviously, on social media, in the news, everyone is just seeing people that are trying to break the Guinness World Record but other people are trying to break barriers in other aspects of their lives and their businesses as well. So I just think I have inspired people to push through their own limitations and that's what we're saying." She added.

See full interview here:

Video credit: TikTok @Hildabaci