I met him while he was shooting Eni Duro video Pheelz recalls meeting Olamide for the first time

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian music producer turned artist Philip Kayode Moses popularly known as Pheelz recalls meeting his senior colleague Olamide for the first time at the early stage of his career.
img_1698657737065_1.jpg

The 29-year old revealed this in a recent interview with Pop Central. Pheelz said he met Olamide on the set of a video shoot for his song "Eni Duro". He said he had seen him a couple of times through producer ID Cabasa but that day was the first time he sat with Olamide to have a conversation.

He said, "I met Baddo on the set of Eni Duro shoot. I had seen him a couple of times through ID but that was when we really sat down to talk. We just started vibing."

From there, the both of them grew close and they started working together. Pheelz revealed that while he was with ID Cabasa, he used to sneak into his office to work on some sounds for Olamide which he deleted thereafter to avoid getting into problems because ID Cabasa didn't like sharing his computer with people.

"ID Cabasa wouldn't want anybody to touch the system so I stole the password. We started logging in late at night. We would work and delete it from the computer in the morning.", he stated.

Pheelz said he'd save some money from his N2,000 allowance to buy fuel so he could work. They would be up all night working and transfer the file into a memory card so ID Cabasa doesn't find out.

Pheelz added, "We saved money for fuel. My daddy used to give me money every week like 2k and we'd contribute, turn on the generator and work. We'd delete it and put it on that micro SD memory card."

Pheelz have been producing songs for various artists like Olamide, Tiwa Savage, Wizkid among others in the industry since he shot into limelight in 2011. He is famous for producing Olamide's songs. All but one song on Olamide's album Baddest Guy Ever Liveth was produced by him.

20230727_015841.jpg

Pheelz transitioned into a full blown artist in 2022 when he released his song "Finesse" with BNXN. The song rose to the Number 1 spot on various streaming platforms in the country and beyond. He also released "Electricity" featuring Davido which became a major hit in the country. His latest song is "Jelo" featuring producer-turned-artist Young Jonn.

Here's a quick listen: