I miss the times when our celebrities were untouchable - Adekunle Gold reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Singer Adekunle Gold mentioned in a recent interview how much he misses the days when celebrities were out of reach and people didn't have access to them like they do now.

20230722_064502.jpg

Nowadays, social media bridges the gap between the common man and important personalities in society. With our smartphones, we can talk to anyone we want to, be it a friend or a stranger.

Adekunle Gold mentioned how people expect celebrities to keep mute when they are being bullied or attacked on social media when they are humans too.

He expressed, "The part that annoys me the most is when people say, don't respond. Why? If you're stup!d enough to use your @ and disrespect me, you don't want me to say something?"

He continued, "I miss the days when we looked up to our celebrities and there was no access to them. Now you're just one @ from being disrespected. Anybody in the corner of their room can just @ you and say something stup!d."

20230727_192416.jpg

Adekunle Gold added that though social media is good because that it makes it easier for one to connect with the audience, fans need to realize that celebrities are humans and they have blood flowing in their veins too.

"There's also a good side to it. It's an opportunity to connect with fans, but of course, some people will abuse it. I just want fans to understand that you have the same blood running so don't try to bring somebody down.

There's not one person that's immune to all of these things. At some point, you see it and you feel like, 'I'm not going hard enough, I'm not doing all of this hard work for all of these comments.' It's not even constructive criticism. It's just an intention to bash you.", He elaborated.

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy