I no fit call person wey no born me daddy, X user reacts following Ayra Starr cum Sunny Ade saga

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I no fit call person wey no born me daddy, X user reacts following Ayra Starr cum Sunny Ade saga​

gqghqvwre.jpg

Following Ayra Starr cum Sunny Ade's saga, an X user identified as @stfukhaleed said he saw nothing wrong with how Ayra Starr greeted King Sunny Ade and claimed that people were simply exaggerating. He also said Ayra Starr did nothing wrong by calling Sunny Ade "Uncle" because he isn't her dad. He added that he cannot call someone who isn't his biological father "Daddy." In his words, "All this Ayra Starr talk, but personally for me I no fit call person wey no born me daddy."

This tweet sparked reactions from Nigerians especially those from the Yoruba tribe who believe in according utmost respect for their elders. Many argue that elderly people should be regarded as mummy and daddy, as long as they are old enough to be one's parent. Others supported the stance of @stfukhaleed, claiming they wouldn't call anyone mummy or daddy.
==

This was the video that earned Ayra Starr thousands of comments from critics.

Last edited: