I prefer being friends with Mercy - BBNaija's Ike says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Former BBNaija housemate Ike Onyema stated that he prefers being friends with his ex-girlfriend Mercy Eke than being in a relationship with her.

23dc271858070f7d34272532be116e52.jpg

During a recent interview with Tacha on The Big Friday Show, Tacha asked Ike why he doesn't want to get back with Mercy and he answered and said they are better off as friends.

He said, "We're better as friends. To me, I feel when you go back, you might not always get what you want."

Ike said all the ladies who featured in the just concluded BBNaija All Stars season focused on their brands rather than relationships and he also had fierce competitions in the house. He said there were hot guys in the house like Cross, Pere and Neo who were better than him.

Going into the house for the second time, Ike stated that he wanted to experience something different than the first time. He didn't want to be in a relationship with anyone like he did with Mercy in 2019.

Mercy and Ike met in the BBNaija Pepper Dem season in 2019 and fell in love with each other. They took their relationship outside the house and even featured in a reality show Mercy and Ike together, capturing their precious moments on screen for the fans to see. They broke up in 2021 as a result of commitment issues.