If not for Olamide, I'd still be taking N200 for shows - Portable

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
f6e420448f404541118086de4ac3704e.jpg

Fast-rising street-hop artist Habeeb Olalomi professionally known as Portable shows appreciation to senior colleague Olamide for paving the way for him in the industry.

In a recent interview, Portable acknowledged Olamide's contributions and immense support which drove him to success in the entertainment industry. Portable said he would have missed many opportunities including his recent collaboration with UK rapper Skepta if not for Olamide.

Portable recalled charging a measly sum of N200 for shows as an upcoming artist. Portable showered praises on Olamide for paving the way for him and changing his status.

He said, "If not for Olamide, I would’ve been on the streets. I went to London and collaborated with the best rapper in the UK and it’s all thanks to Olamide. When nobody believed in me, you told me that I was gonna make it and I’ve made it bigger than I ever thought.

Olamide is a boss, he sponsored me without signing me and never asked for anything in return and that’s why I respect him so much. Some people use me to do black business but Olamide is the only guy in this industry who showed me love.

Olamide paved the way for me, he’s my boss and God used him to bless me. I’m from the streets and I’ve been through a lot but I thank God for sending Olamide to me. I used to perform for N200 before Olamide helped me and he didn’t rip me like most people do in this industry."