I'm a woman but I want to identify as a man, Phyna says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I'm a woman but I want to identify as a man, Phyna says​

63bea77ab8328.PNG

While speaking with the host of the Big Friday Show at Cool FM, Ijeoma Otabor popularly known as Phyna said that she would love to identify as a man. She said she has noticed how people mostly look down on women but behave differently when they see a man. She said she trained herself to behave like a man and never allow anyone to talk down on her. She is ready to stand up for herself in whatever situation she finds herself in.

Phyna used Davido as a typical example to drive home her point. She recounted how she called out the Afrobeats singer for saying he didn't know who she was, which led lots of people to mock her. Quoting verbatim, Phyna said, "Personally I'm a woman but most of the time I want to identify as a man. I say I'm a woman physically but I can identify as a man. Because most times, they just try to talk down on you because you are a woman. And personally, no matter who you are, I don't care. When you do something that I don't like Baba I will call you out. For example, what happened between me and David when he said he didn't know me."

She added that she wouldn't keep her mouth shut whenever she felt belittled just because of the status of her opponent. Instead, she will speak for herself and not hide like a coward.
==

Last edited: