I'm grateful to have Pharell Williams on my album - Adekunle Gold

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
In a recent interview with The Beat 99.9 FM, Nigerian singer Adekunle Gold speaks on having American singer Pharell Williams on his newly released album Tequila Ever After.

img_1691050544500_1.jpg

While talking to The Beat FM, he revealed how a tweet from Pharell Williams changed his life and made him see himself in a better light. The tweet from Pharell,"You are already that person. Put yourself in that place.", caught his attention and put a lot of things in perspective for him.

Screenshot_20230803-092552_1.jpg

"His words changed my life. That tweet, 'You are already that person. Put yourself in that place." When I saw it, it put a lot of things in perspective for me and I've always tweeted about it. Like these words have changed my life. I've always said it." He revealed.

He mentioned that he had already had the intention of working with Pharell Williams on his album prior to meeting him. As a result, meeting him was a dream come true.

He expressed, "When I started to work on this project, I just said, 'you know, I'd really love to work with Pharell on this album' and it happened. I was still basking in the joy of being in his presence, him listening to my album, saying all the nice things to me and I'm like, 'yeah this is the saying'

It doesn't just happen. How can a boy from Ikotun be in session with Pharell two days back to back and we're making this gem of a song?"

He also spoke on having Pharell Williams and Nile Rodgers on the same track.

img_1691050629984_1.jpg

To him, it felt so surreal because he watched Rodgers on TV. He described those moments as something he can never get used to because they were a once in a lifetime experience.

"It's something that I can never get used to. I can never take it for granted. If you see the video, you can see that there's a wonder on my face and it's mind-blowing. I'm grateful that we made a song like that. Falling Up." He added.

Watch the video of how Adekunle Gold brought the song Falling Up to life with Pharell Williams, and Nile Rodgers:

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy