I'm surprised the police shared biscuits and bottled water, man protesting against economic hardship says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I'm surprised the police shared biscuits and bottled water, man protesting against economic hardship says​

One of the men protesting against hardship in the Nigerian economy was thrilled to have been interviewed by newsmen where he happily narrated the policemen kind gestures toward the protesters. He said that he was dumbfounded when the policemen started sharing biscuits and bottled water to each protester who took the initiative to protest under the hot son. The elderly man whose name is Mr. Adesina said he has never seen this happen before and he is proud that the police are beginning to act kind towards the citizens.

In his words, "What I'm seeing is really surprising me. That police in this country sharing water and biscuit. I have never seen it since I was born. Because I have always been active in any protest that happens in Nigeria. I'm seeing it for the first time. This is the biscuit give to me by the police, and this is water also given to me. Just to refresh me. To give me more energy. So that I can be able to trek to where we are going."
==