Ismail Abedi is sorry that his two brothers killed 22 people at Manchester Arena

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 5, 2020
Ismail Abedi is the elder brother of Hashem and Salman Abedi who masterminded the bombing that took place at Manchester Arena during the 2017 Ariana Grande’s concert. The horrific bomb blast ended the lives of 22 people including women and children. The attack also left hundreds of others wounded.

The Hashem and Salman Abedi: the horrific script

skynews-salman-hashem-abedi_4911169.jpg

The process that led to this terrific attack started in April 2017 when Hashem and Salman Abedi left Manchester to their parent’s country, Libya. There they planned and organized the whole attack.

Afterward, Salman left Libya for Manchester, United Kingdom. He got into the country on May 18, according to his travel records. He waited until Monday, 22 May 2017 to execute the plan on the night fans of the American singer were out at the Manchester Arena to be entertained.

Salman Abedi wore the homemade explosives into the arena and executed the suicide mission before the security operatives could do much. While Hashem was in Libya where he bought most of the items used in configuring the homemade explosives.

The Hashem and Salman Abedi: the aftermath

ukmanchestervictimsoflibyanterroristsalmanabediin2017-main.jpg

After the horrific attack has been successfully executed, it took the aide of Libya counter tourism squad to smoke out Hashem. When he was finally arrested, he was extradited to the United Kingdom for prosecution. According to Sky News, the UK government spent £123,000 to carry out the extradition.

During the trials, Hashem who initially refused to attend the court proceedings insisted that he thought the items he was buying for late Salman were for home use. He also insisted that he was not a terrorist. However, DNA investigation revealed that Hashem fingerprints were found in a Nissan Micra used to store packs of nails for the bomb.

After months of legal battle, the court trail came to an end on Thursday, 20 August 2020. The prosecuting judge sentenced the 23-year-old Hashem Abedi to 55 years imprisonment.

When the incident happened three years ago, Ismail Abedi who was born in Manchester alongside his brothers did not make any public statement about the incident. He was not also considered a primary suspect in the whole act since he has left the family house since 2013.

However, he was initially arrested by the UK counter-terrorists squad and was kept in the operatives’ custody for two weeks. After a series of questioning, he was allowed to go without further litigation.

Though he admitted that he has been keeping contact with his brothers, he said he never knew that they were planning to carry out such a terrible act.

“Salman had changed over time, he’d become more religious, would spend more time in the mosque… but that was just normal,” Ismail Abedi said.

“I spoke to him the night before the attack, he seemed calm, quite normal, there was no indication he’d do anything like this.”

The apology from Ismail Abedi

skynews-abedi-brothers-manchester-arena_5073674.jpg

Ismail Abedi told Sky News that life has never been the same since the incident happened which he said has caused him to lose two brothers and tore his family apart. Ismail who now has a wife and a child said he had “no idea” that his brother decided to follow such a path.

“I want to apologize on behalf of my family to the victims, for all the pain Hashem and Salman caused”, Ismail said.

“I’m glad this has happened because I can put it all behind me, get on with my life, and look after my family.”

Reactions: Melvin