Jack Grealish Gave Emotional Post-Match Interview After Manchester City Wins The UEFA Champions League

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Jack Grealish provided a tremendous emotional post-match interview after Manchester City defeated Inter Milan to secure the UEFA Champions League for the first time in the club’s history.

The former Aston Villa player was left in tears in a live TV interview with BT Sport after the excitement of grabbing the prestigious European trophy hit him.

The England international achieved what he would have hoped for when signing up for Man City in the summer of 2021 on a British record transfer reportedly worth 100 million pounds.

Jack Grealish, the 27-year-old two times English Premier League winner failed to make an effect during the match at Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul as Inter Milan demoralized Man City’s star-studded attack.

Screenshot_2023_0611_071507.jpg
Jack Grealish speaking with reporters
However, Grealish admitted that he was not happy with his performance during the game after full-time, but the winger could not prevent his emotions as he affirmed his happiness.

After playing the full 90 minutes, the English winger spoke to the reporters about his unexpected feelings over the accomplishment.

See also Steven Gerrard and Rangers exit Europa League in tears
Speaking about their victory, he said: “It’s what you work your whole life for, isn’t it? So happy. I played so badly today, I was awful”.

“To win the treble with this group of players and staff, I swear, it’s so special. Everyone that knows me knows how important family is to me and how much I love football. This is what I’ve worked for my whole life”.

He added: “You think back to all the people who have helped me along the way. Just seeing my family there in the crowd, man, it’s just so emotional”.

It was the first European trophy in the history of Manchester City and for Jack Grealish who broke down in tears after the match and during the interview.

Screenshot_2023_0611_071602.jpg
Jack Grealish rejoices after Man City scores against Inter Milan
Grealish and his teammates became just the second English Premier League club to secure the Treble, having already won the Premier League title and FA Cup over the past few weeks.

See also Jurgen Klopp laments after Everton defeated Liverpool in Anfield for the first time in 22 years

Manchester City vs Inter Milan in brief:​

City won their first European title thanks to a second-half goal from Rodri, and they joined Manchester United as the only clubs to win the Premier League, FA Cup, and Champions League in the same season.

Jack Grealish

Inter Milan swarmed around City’s best players whenever they had the ball in dangerous places, making Pep Guardiola’s team’s night anything from simple.

But the goal loosened things up, and Inter’s greatest chance came late on a shot from Romelu Lukaku that was saved by Ederson.

Kevin De Bruyne limped off hurt in the first half, making City’s task more difficult for the second time in three years with the Champions League final still up in the air.

Lukaku’s substitution for Edin Dzeko did not make things easier, and if not for Ederson’s save on Lautaro Martinez’s close-range attempt after Manuel Akanji’s bizarre miscue, Inter may have taken the lead. Guardiola had fallen to his knees out of desperation.

See also Christian Pulisic Suffers Abdominal Injury After Scoring Winner For USA Vs Iran
After then, it was all smiles. A through ball from Akanji found Bernardo Silva, but his attempted cutback was blocked right into Rodri’s path.

The goal was scored by a calculated finish from the midfielder, which deflected off of two Inter defenders and into the far corner of the net.

In addition, Saturday, 10th of June, 2023, will go down in record for Grealish and every Manchester City supporter, and they will inevitably sample the success they’ve worked for.

What’s next for Jack Grealish?​

Following the Champions League glory, the 27-year-old England winger will report for international duty when England plays against Malta in the Euro 2024 qualifier on Friday, 16th of June, 2023.

Credit: futballnews

Last edited: