Jesse Lingard Shares His Thoughts On Saudi Arabia As He Considers Moving To Asia

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Former Manchester United player Jesse Lingard has expressed his thoughts on Saudi Arabia and he is also considering a move to the Gulf country.

Lingard, who is a free agent after he was released this summer by Nottingham Forest, is currently in search of a new club.

The tricky trees opted not to extend the one-year deal of the Englishman, where he earned a hefty wage of £200,000 weekly.

images - 2023-06-27T135719.526.jpeg

Jesse Lingard made only 20 appearances for Forest during the 2022/23 season and he assisted the club to secure safety in the Premier League.

Presently in search of a new team to ply his trade, the 31-year-old has maintained that he is considering all options available to him and he isn't ruling out a move to the Saudi Pro League.

The attacker had great words to say about the ongoing project in Saudi Arabia and he expressed that the Middle Eastern nation will be “one of the hot spots to go to” in the coming years.

Speaking with Sky Sports concerning his next move in football, Jesse Lingard stated that he is examining all options on his table.

He said: "I'm considering all options,I've never ruled out any team or club out, so for me it's just picking the right team and it's got to be right for me”.

Jesse Lingard, who has also spoken about desired to end his career in the MLS, said that the only thing on his mind is to play football.

The England International said: “I just want to play football at the end of the day and that's all I want to do.”

He was also quizzed about what he is keenly searching for in his new club, if it's the right manager, players or the project.

The 31-year-old responded: “Obviously the project has got to be well suited for me, the team's got to be moving in the right direction but just regular game-time – I'm still hungry”.

Jesse Lingard further went on to speak highly of the footballing project in Saudi Arabia.

He said: “Saudi Arabia are doing big things, and in the next couple of years or so, it will be one of the hotspots to go to.

images - 2023-06-27T135707.258.jpeg

The man who spent 10 years at Manchester United - from 2011 till 2022 - revealed that he isn't shocked that high-profile players are moving to the Saudi Pro League.

Lingard stated: “I'm not really surprised that the big names are moving out there.

The former West Ham man added that he hasn't ruled out a move to the Gulf state, he said: “Like I say, they're doing big things and it's something I would consider as well – I've not ruled that out either.

“It's got to be right for me at the end of the day. I've got to go on my gut feeling but I'm still hungry and striving for success.”

The Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund is in control of the four leading clubs in the Saudi Pro League and they have already begun to raid the European continent for the biggest names in football.

Football great Cristiano Ronaldo is already plying his trade in the league, having joined Al Nassr in December 2022.

Ronaldo earns a staggering £177,000,000 yearly at 38 and he is arguably the biggest star to join the league.

Real Madrid legend Karim Benzema also moved to Saudi Arabia in June, penning a lucrative deal with Al Ittihad.

He will reportedly earn £103,000,000 every seven days at the Jeddah based club.

N'Golo Kante is another high-profile signing to join Saudi Arabia, also putting pen-to-paper on a deal with Al Ittihad.

Al Hilal have also nabbed Ruben Neves from Wolverhampton Wanderers and Al Nassr are set to complete a deal for Chelsea winger Hakim Ziyech.

Jesse Lingard has previously been linked with a move to Saudi Arabia but he chose to remain in the Premier League with the Tricky Trees.

Lingard scored 2 goals and provided 2 assists in 20 appearances for Nottingham Forest last season.

Source: https://futballnews.com/jesse-linga...-saudi-arabia-as-he-considers-moving-to-asia/