Joeboy speaks on how singing with Ckay changed his life

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer Joeboy disclosed in a recent episode of his Body and Soul podcast yesterday how being on a song with Ckay changed his life.

20230624_104714.jpg

When asked about his favorite love song, he mentioned singer Ckay's viral hit, Love Nwantiti which he got featured on for its remix. He recollected how he was not supposed to be on the song initially and that he was just the only available option at the time the song was recorded.

"Ckay wanted to get somebody on the song but he wasn't responding on time and that was at the end of 2019. And the only reason I jumped on that song was because I just like Ckay. It wasn't about the song", he said.

He then went on to talk about how the song generated a lot of income for him and also for everyone on the song. To him, featuring on Love Nwantiti was life changing.

He said, "Thank God I actually jumped on that song because anytime I remember, I'm always happy. Shout out to you my gee."

"That time I just blew up and everyone was trying to drag me for one feature or the other. I remember going to perform in East Africa then. People used to tell me that, 'perform Love Nwantiti'. The song blew up then and I used to send the videos to Ckay. So I'm just really happy for how that song has been. Now I play FIFA and I hear my voice. I hear my voice on NBA."

See video here:

Video credit: Twitter @itzbasito