Levi Colwill Takes A Dig At Thomas Tuchel In Brighton’s Farewell Post

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Ken Ibenne

May 8, 2023
Levi Colwill shared an emotional farewell message to Brighton after agreeing to remain at Chelsea rather than sign for the Seagulls.

collage-1-3.jpg

Roberto De Zerbi really hoped that he will sign a permanent contract after impressing on loan last season but he chose to move to Chelsea.

However, Colwill, 20, have agreed on a fresh six-year deal in principle with the Blues worth more than £100,000-a-week.

Levi Colwill shared on his social media accounts, thanking Brighton for giving him the opportunity to play Premier League football ‘when no one else did’ – a swipe to former Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel, who sent him on loan.

In the post, he said: “To Brighton and Hove Albion. I am proud to have played a small part in the clubs success last season.”

“You gave me an opportunity to play in the Premier League when no one else did.”

“I thank Graham Potter for first bringing me to the club and to all the employees at the stadium and training ground for making it a great place to perform and develop.”

Levi Colwill takes a swipe at Thomas Tuchel – thanking Brighton for 'giving him a chance when no one else did' – as he gave an emotional farewell to the Seagulls after agreeing his new 6-year deal at Chelsea.

Colwill agreed a fresh six-year deal worth more than £100,000-a-week.
pic.twitter.com/Cc9EezRltq
— Futball News (@FutballNews_) August 2, 2023
“To the fans, you’ve always had my back! Since I got into the side, your continuous support made me feel comfortable to play the way I wanted to play and not fear about making mistakes.”

“You gave me a platform to shine and show my ability in the best league of the world. I will never forget that you supported me.”

“Lastly Roberto De Zerbi, you challenged me every day! You made me think and see football in a different way. I cannot thank you enough. Thank you again LC.”

Levi Colwill and Tuchel reportedly had a difficult relationship when he was at Chelsea. The player made it look like he had no future at the club while the German was still in charge.
https://futballnews.com/armando-bro...2022-23-football-season-due-to-injurydetails/
Colwill had hoped to feature in Chelsea’s plans last season but was instead sent out on loan again, this time to Brighton, after a promising loan spell at Huddersfield.

image-28.png

After returning to Stamford Bridge in the summer, new boss Mauricio Pochettino reportedly held a private meeting with the defender and promised him a fair amount of playing opportunities in the left-sided centre-back role.

Levi Colwill​

Levi Lemar Samuels Colwill is an English footballer who was born on 26 February, 2003 and plays as a center-back for Chelsea.

Colwill was born in Southampton, and he joined Chelsea at the under-9 level, having previously played for City Central.

Levi Colwill joined Championship club Huddersfield Town on loan in June 2021 where he made his professional debut in a 4–2 penalty shootout win against Sheffield Wednesday in the EFL Cup on 1 August 2021.

The defender scored his first goal for Huddersfield, a late winner, in a 2–1 win at Sheffield United on 21 August 2021.

However, Colwill suffered from ankle, knee and hip problems, as well as COVID-19 in the same season he moved to Huddersfield.

Colwill scored an own goal as Huddersfield lost 1–0 to Nottingham Forest in the 2021–22 Championship play-off final on 29th May, 2022.

Levi Colwill joined fellow Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion on loan for the duration of the 2022–23 season.

He made his Seagulls and Premier League debut two days later against Manchester United, coming on as a 90+1st minute substitute for Solly March in Brighton’s first ever win at Old Trafford after winning 2–1.

Colwill made his first Premier League start on 13 November, coming close to scoring an equalizer in the 2–1 home defeat against Aston Villa.

image-32.png

Chelsea reportedly rejected a £30 million bid from Brighton for Levi Colwill after the player complimented manager Roberto De Zerbi’s style of coaching.

LINK TO STORY: https://futballnews.com/levi-colwill-takes-a-dig-at-thomas-tuchel-in-brightons-farewell-post/