Losing my parents leaves a scar in my heart, Victor Osimhen pays tribute to his late parents following massive win at the CAF Awards

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Super Eagles footballer, Victor Osimhen pays tribute to his late parents following the massive win at the CAF Awards 2023.

Screenshot_20231213-053317_1.jpg

In a lengthy Instagram post, Victor Osimhen dedicated his African Player of the Year award to his late parents, describing their departure as a scar in his heart. He said his parents have always been his driving force since he was little and he is sure they are smiling at him from heaven above.

Osimhen recounts his humble beginnings from hawking in traffic to survive to being one of the most celebrated footballers in Africa. Expressing his gratitude, he thanked his fans and family members for their immense support and contributions towards the advancement of his career.

He said, "Winning the CAF Best African Player 2023 is a testament of my hardwork, your love and support. I am so proud of myself for achieving this prestigious award. Thank you CAF, to all the coaches have played under both local and international, your wisdom and knowledge have played huge roles in guiding my footballing career, thank you so much. I am sure my parents in heaven are smiling at me, this is for you."