Luis Suarez Drops Hint At Retirement, Claims Inter Miami Will Be The Last Club Of His Career

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Luis Suarez has dropped a hint at his retirement from football, indicating that Inter Miami will be the last club of his swashbuckling career.

According to the footballer, he will hang up his boots at the end of his stay with the Herons, calling time on his 2-decade-long professional football career.

Luis Suarez made this revelation during an interview on Uruguayan radio program ‘La mesa de los galanes”.

The 37-year-old talked at length about his ambitions with the Miami-based club, however, the highlight of his statement was him sharing that Inter Miami will be the final club he plays for before retirement.

Suarez was asked about his future plans and if he would retire after his spell with the MLS club and he replied firmly:

“Yes, I cannot be more sincere and the family already knows. The date is not yet set, but this is the last step.

“I am prepared for this last challenge but it is also exhausting and I have to think about having a quality of life afterward.”

Luis Suarez has had to deal with niggling injuries in recent years, particularly to his knee, with it being a constant source of discomfort to the footballer.

The former Liverpool man also acknowledged recently that he has had to battle with chronic knee soreness.

Suarez has had a glittering career winning several trophies, including; 5 La Liga titles, 4 Copa del Rey, and 1 UEFA Champions League.

However, Luis Suarez isn't contented as he is longing for more success with Inter Miami.

The former Barcelona man admits that the Herons are one of the favorites for the MLS Cup, given the reinforcements made since the second half of 2023.

“I don’t know if we have the obligation to be champions, but we are one of the candidates and it is certain that all the teams will want to beat us", he said.

Meanwhile, Suarez isn't ready to follow the path of some of his former teammates, who have turned coaches, with the Uruguayan claiming that he doesn't want to become a football manager due to the herculean nature of the job.

Luis Suarez said: “I don’t want to do it, it’s worse than being a player. Because of the hours of work, it requires more time.”

The 37-year-old joined Inter Miami from Gremio on January 1, 2024, on a free transfer.

Cumulatively, Suarez has made 768 club career appearances, scoring 471 goals and providing 263 assists in all competitions.

The forward has had an amazing career playing for several top clubs in Europe, including; FC Barcelona, Ajax, Atlético de Madrid, and Liverpool FC.

Internationally, Luis Suarez has scored 68 goals and provided 39 assists in 138 appearances.

The Uruguayan is regarded as one of the best players of his generation and one of the greatest strikers of all time.