Manchester United's Erik Ten Hag And Chelsea's Mauricio Pochettino Confident Of Managerial Job Being Unthreatened

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Erik Ten Hag has shared that he is unbothered by rumors of him being dismissed by Manchester United, claiming that he believes that the INEOS group are fully behind him.

Ten Hag has faced heavy criticism this campaign, due to the Red Devils horrendous display this campaign.

Erik Ten Hag looked to have been spared from the tongue-lashing in recent weeks, with the team going unbeaten in 2024 before they fell to a 2-1 defeat to Fulham at Old Trafford.

Manchester United supporters were displeased by the team's showing in the game and they voiced out their displeasure via several available means.

Pundits, enthusiasts, and purists amongst others also lambasted the Dutchman, who has on many occasions pointed towards injury issues as his side's major achilles heel this term.

Following the defeat to the Cottagers at Old Trafford, Erik Ten Hag called for everyone to look at the bigger picture, stressing that the team is heading in the right direction.

He said: “The team showed big character to fight back, we deserved the equalizer and went for the win - we showed big personality and character. You have to see the bigger picture. The bigger picture looks very good”.

Regarding the team going in the right direction, the 52-year-old said: “Definitely we are in the right direction here at Manchester United.

“When we have the players in the squad available we have a good team.”

Manchester United have only one best shot at silverware this campaign and that is through the FA Cup.

This is due to the Red Devils already crashing out of the UEFA Champions League and they recently abdicated the Carabao Cup crown to Liverpool.

Anyway, Erik Ten Hag's side return to action on Wednesday, February 28, 2024, facing Nottingham Forest, in a 5th Round FA Cup clash at the City Ground.

Speaking regarding rumors regarding his time at Old Trafford coming to an end, Ten Hag said: “I'm under contract here at Man United for three seasons. So I don't care about rumors.

“I'm in this process and only focusing on the process. I have a strong belief and I feel after multiple talks that INEOS believe me.”

Meanwhile, Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino is also one man on the hot seat, with his managerial job at the Stamford Bridge club reported to be in a shaky state.

Pochettino has failed to get the Blues back to competing squarely amongst their rivals, with the team recently losing the Carabao Cup title to “Jurgen Klopp's kids”.

Mauricio Pochettino watched his side waste glorious opportunities in the League Cup final against Liverpool on Sunday, February 25, 2024.

Chelsea are languishing in the 11th spot on the league table, despite spending over a billion pounds on transfers in recent years.

The acquisition of notable names like Enzo Fernandez, Moises Caicedo, and Christopher Nkunku to mention a few hasn't yielded the right dividend, with many of the fans calling for the head of the manager.

The Todd Boehly consortium administration of Chelsea has witnessed 5 different managers handle the team since they became owners in 2022, namely, Thomas Tuchel, Graham Potter, Bruno Saltor, Frank Lampard, and currently Mauricio Pochettino. However, the club's fortunes haven't changed for the better.

Anyway, speaking on reports filtering across the media that his stay at the London club is heavily dependent on Chelsea qualifying for European competition this term, Mauricio Pochettino said:

“Who said that? Is that being said by the sporting directors and the owners? No. I don’t remember, I don’t”.

Chelsea sit 11th on the Premier League table, with 35 points from 25 league matches and their chances of qualifying for European football grows thin as the season wears on.

Their best shot will be through the FA Cup, with the team that wins the competition guaranteed an automatic spot in the UEFA Europa League group stage.

Mauricio Pochettino's side face Leeds United in the 5th Round of the competition and they will be hoping to defeat the Championship side.

Last edited: