Mason Greenwood Breaks Silence on Man United Return [VIDEO]

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Mason Greenwood has spoken out on his transfer future after a groundbreaking start to life with Getafe.

The Manchester United loanee has been phenomenal for the Madrid-based club with 7 goal contributions for the club.

In 15 La Liga games, Greenwood has scored 3 goals and delivered 4 assists despite coming from an 18 months exile from football.

The 22-year-old was loaned to Getafe in the final hours of last summer's transfer window after United's internal investigation into rape allegations against him by his girlfriend Harriet Robson.

Greenwood came out unscathed after United's internal investigations but the club opted to have him restart his career away from Old Trafford to avoid the prying eyes and distractions of the media

Returning to action with Getafe, Greenwood is just few miles away from a roaring but it has been largely a groundbreaking start to life for the youngster.

He has six months remaining on his loan deal and there have been rumors of him returning to Manchester United after the loan tenure.

Meanwhile, Getafe are interested in keeping Mason Greenwood after his impressive loan shift with the club but are facing competition from other La Liga rivals Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Manchester United's decision on Mason Greenwood is yet to be determined with INEOS group now incharge of the club's sporting and footballing operations.

With his transfer future tossed about in the rumor mills, Mason Greenwood has broken his silence on Getafe future and a possible return to Manchester United.

Speaking on Getafe YouTube Channel, the 22-year-old prolific winger said he his happy at Getafe, especially with the support of the Getafe fans.

" I adapted pretty quickly. Teammates took me under their wing and I’ve just been happy ever since, coming here and training, playing the games. I’m happy."

He added: "The fans mean a lot to me. The best feeling so far is when I scored my first goal here at the stadium and it meant a lot to me, I heard the fans quite a lot. Also we had the training day and a lot of fans came out to watch so we always appreciate the fans. They’re like an extra man out there on the pitch when they’re out there supporting us."

Greenwood has no buyout clause attached to his deal and may likely return to Manchester United when his loan tenure expires.

However, he has been in high spirits since joining Getafe and have lauded the support the of the fans for his integration and quick return to elite-level performance.

It is believed the English youngster may likely stay put with the friendly atmosphere in La Liga amidst likelihood of facing wanton media scrutiny on returning to Manchester United.