Mohbad's wife Wunmi sues father-in-law for defamation

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
8c6074920172365b.jpg

Omowunmi Cynthia Aloba, wife of late Nigerian singer Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba aka Mohbad, threatens to sue her father-in-law Mr. Joseph Aloba for defamation of character and libel.

Omowunmi has served her father-in-law, Mr. Joseph Aloba a notice, demanding an apology for character assassination, name-calling, defamation of character, and use of reckless language to portray her image to gain cheap sympathy from the public.

She demanded that her father-in-law issue an apology within seven days or face the law and claim N50M in damages.

The notice read, "We have been consulted, briefed, and our services retained by Mrs. Aloba Cynthia Omowunmi, hereinafter referred to as "Our Client" and at her behest, we write you in respect of the above subject.

Our Client's brief reveals that you have recently resorted to a newspaper campaign of calumny, character assassination, name-calling, defamation of characters against her, and use of reckless language to portray the image and personality of our client to gain cheap attention and sympathy from the unsuspecting members of the public.

Mohbad’s father was quoted as saying in the interview: "I made mention of something in the court that whenever this girl wanted to go and f*** around, she would give, she will add something to Indomie (noodles) to cook for my son to sleep off. And from there, she would enter another person’s room in that Marlian house to f*** another person.

“It was later that the girlfriend of that person she was seeing met her there. That was the person who revealed the secret to Moh, and Moh told me. You know I could not even tell him that he should go and scare his wife away so far he could still manage it but I know it was beyond natural."

Apart from the above, there are other things said by you on other newspapers and online platforms that libel and defamed our client's reputation.

Sequel to the above, we hereby demand an immediate retraction of the said publications and interviews, which are libelous and have injured the reputation and self-esteem of our client in the eyes and estimation or perception of reasonable members of the society as she has become an object of mockery and ridicule and can no longer move freely in the public or even in her immediate environment.

Having said that, we hereby demand for a public apology to be published on all your social media profiles within seven days of the receipt or delivery of this letter. If, however, you fail, refuse, or neglect to hearken to this subtle demand, we will be left with no choice but to commence legal proceedings against you to assert our client's rights and claim 50 million naira damages in that respect. This letter serves as a pre-action notice to you in respect of the matter in question and you are advised, in your interest, to allow wise counsel to prevail."