Music Star Odumodublvck Makes Verdict On Greatest Footballer Between Ronaldo And Messi

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Nigerian musician, Tochukwu Ojogwu popularly known as Odumodublvck has made his choice on who he considers to be the greatest footballer in history between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

The Nigerian rapper made his pick during an interview with BBC Radio 1Xtra recently.

Tochukwu swayed the way of Lionel Messi, with the “Declan Rice” crooner mentioning the name of the Argentine without hesitation.

Odumodublvck expressed that he is inspired by Messi, with the former Barcelona man's World Cup triumph in 2022 being a symbol of hope and determination to the rapper.

He said: “Messi or Ronaldo? Messi. I’m a Messi fan. I had to put that out. King of football. Cleared everybody’s doubts – and he won the World Cup.

“After losing five or four finals with Argentina. That’s a symbol of hope, a symbol of determination. Don’t give up.”

Tochukwu Ojogwu then linked Lionel Messi's World Cup outing to his career, sharing that he draws inspiration from the former Paris Saint Germain man.

He said: “I’m 30 years old. A lot of artists blew up when they were 20/21. I know how far I’ve come to get here.

“It took me seven years to get to this point, so when I look at Messi I draw inspiration. That’s why he’s the greatest.”

The Lagos-born musician also gave a thumbs up to Cristiano Ronaldo for his “hard work”, but maintained that Lionel Messi is the greater footballer.

Odumodublvck said: “Shoutout to Ronaldo cos hard work, Ronaldo is that guy too. And there’s no problem if someone is better than you at something. That’s my message to Ronaldo.”

The argument over who the greater footballer is between Ronaldo and Messi has continued to elicit conversations, with many being on different sides of the divide.

Some feel the 2022 FIFA World Cup ended the debate and firmly bestowed the honor to Lionel Messi of being the greater player, however, some are still on the side of Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portuguese has also had a magnificent career winning several trophies, club-wise and internationally.

Cristiano Ronaldo has won more UEFA Champions League titles (5) compared to the Argentine (4) and in terms of goals, the 39-year-old Portuguese legend is the all-time top scorer in football history.

The pair have areas where they are better than each other, but they indeed put in a show of respect anytime they meet in a football game.

The peak of their careers was arguably in Spain, when Cristiano Ronaldo was at Real Madrid and Messi at FC Barcelona, with the El Classico being a blockbuster fixture due to the greatness of the duo.

Ronaldo and Messi are currently in the twilight of their respective careers, with the former playing in Saudi Arabia for Al Nassr, while the latter plies his trade with MLS club Inter Miami.

Meanwhile, Odumodublvck has enjoyed immense success in his industry in recent years, with his song “Declan Rice” being used to unveil English midfielder Declan Rice following his move from West Ham United to Arsenal during the 2023 summer transfer window.

The Nigerian rapper, singer, and songwriter's popularity grew to bigger heights after his song was used for Rice's unveiling, with fans and colleagues flooding him with congratulatory messages.