My colleagues didn't want to collaborate with me after Love Nwantiti went viral - Ckay

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
WhatsApp-Image-2023-05-19-at-8.23.11-AM-1-e1684481094483.jpeg

Nigerian singer and songwriter Chukwuka Chukwuma Ekweani, simply known as Ckay has revealed that most of his colleagues didn't want to collaborate with him after his song "Love Nwantiti" went viral.

In a recent interview on Afrobeats Podcast, Ckay stated that he doesn't think there's a lot of love in the Nigerian entertainment industry. He disclosed that most of his colleagues refused to collaborate with him even after his song "Love Nwantiti" became a viral hit. Regardless of the situation, Ckay said he's got love for everyone and he hopes there will be more togetherness and vision among Nigerian music creatives.

"I've tried collaborating with people and they are acting funny. You never know what people's thought process is. I don't think about it too much. I just face my own. I have love for everyone. We are all from Nigeria. The world is a big place. There is so much ground to cover and there's evidence that teamwork multiplies the work rate. I just hope there will be more togetherness, business consciousness, and less short-sightedness.", Ckay said.

Ckay's Love Nwantiti was released in 2019 but didn't gain massive recognition until 2021. Love Nwantiti went viral overnight on Tiktok garnering millions of streams day in day out by millions of fans around the world. It won the Most Performed International Song at the 2022 BMI Awards and became the second song by a Nigerian to debut on the Billboard Hot 100 after Wizkid's Essence.