My first song as an artiste was with Olamide, Singer Pheelz reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Popular music producer turned singer Pheelz disclosed in a recent interview with Hip TV how he transitioned from being a music producer working behind the scenes to breaking into the Nigerian music scene.

20230727_015841.jpg

Pheelz broke into the Nigerian music scene with his hit single Finesse with BNXN which topped charts for many months. He also collaborated with Davido on Electricity which was a street anthem at the time.

Pheelz is now known as a talented artiste other than being known as Pheelz Mr Producer or for his popular Ad-lib ridimakulayo.

When asked how he transitioned from being a producer to an artiste, Pheelz said, "The crazy thing is I've always wanted to be an artiste. I started as an artiste. I was on Olamide's first album. There's a track called I'm Going In. That was me being an artiste. He was featuring me.

img_1690419613626_1.jpg

Even in Coded Tunez, ID Cabasa always wanted me to be an artiste. But for some reason, I grew up a shy child. Like I was really shy. I was scared of the cameras. Very scared. So I just paused and just didn't want to do all that. I just stuck to production and writing songs and doing harmonies."

He revealed how the 2020 pandemic had a positive impact on his career and how it gave him a new beginning.

20230727_015833.jpg

He said, "COVID happened and I was like, 'Okay. I can off anytime'. There's no point in keeping all these things and being really scared.

So COVID really triggered it for me because that was a very scary time for everybody. So that just gingered me. I have so much to give you know. I call it dying empty. It's just me creating and creating.

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy