Ohaneze warns Igbos against protesting the hardship in the economy

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Ohaneze warns Igbos against protesting the hardship in the economy​

ohaneze-logo.jpg

An association known as the Ohaneze Ndigbo has warned the Igbos against joining any of the protests against economic hardship in Nigeria. This warning was contained in a statement signed by Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo. The message which was titled "Message to all Igbos worldwide" reads:

“I write as your leader at this critical period in our Country, Nigeria. Events in Nigeria today are no doubt very disturbing. The economy has turned very bad, a sceptre of frustration is everywhere.

“I have received many entreaties from many parts of the Country requesting me to call Igbos to join in demonstration and violent action in the Country against the Government.

“As your leader, I am directing that no Igbo group or community in Nigeria or in Diaspora should join in this action. I am still studying the situation. I have asked Nigerians who approached me the following questions, what did they do when the past government disfranchised Igbo land?"

Ohaneze Ndigbo​

This is an Igbo socio-cultural organization whose purpose is to represent the interests of all Igbo communities within and outside Nigeria. They are focused on fostering unity among all members.

Last edited: