Peter Okoye slams Online Beggars

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Do you think he was right to lambast the fan ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Afolayan Toyosi

Jan 2, 2022
download.jpeg
Nigerians have perfected the art of online begging these days. Their victims are almost invariably celebrities.

Online beggars will instinctively swarm to the comments area of any popular Nigerian's post, whether it's on Instagram or Twitter.

Peter Okoye, a member of the Psquare music group, has criticized online beggars.

Online beggars, according to the 40-year-old, are naive to Internet fraudsters.

Peter, who was born in Jos (Plateau State), revealed this when responding to a Twitter message from a fan pleading for 500,000 naira.

"I need #500k before next year @davido @officialnairam1 @realFemiOtedola @AlikoDangote @PeterPsquare @rudeboypsquare lets God use for me," the tweet read.

In response to the post, the artist stated that such comments render people vulnerable to fraudsters.

"Now! Tweets like this is what this fraudsters are after off. They see how desperate you come online and beg for Money or giveaway and they will take advantage of you! By claiming it’s me and you will fall for it! Stop the fucking online begging! Irritating," he tweeted.

This is not the first time Peter Okoye will be calling out an online beggar.

A whole lot of celebrities have on several occasions slammed online beggars.

Peter Okoye is hardly the first person to call out an internet beggar.

Several celebrities have lambasted online beggars on multiple occasions.

Kate Henshaw, a popular Nollywood actress, has had it with social media beggars who torment celebs by asking for money in the comments section of their postings.

She fired the social media beggars on Twitter and stated that she will not perform freebies with her hard-earned money.

She stated that she will decide whether or not to conduct giveaways.

She wrote ” #No Apologies I work damn hard for every dime and it will be my choice what I do with my dough. If its giveaway you are after, the wrong handle. Let me interact with those I have mutual interests with. There are things money CAN’T buy! Have an awesome weekend.”