Repent or die, Nyesom Wike warns kidnappers' informants

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Wike-3.jpg

The Minister of the FCT, Nyesom Wike, has issued a stern warning to kidnappers' informants, asking them to choose to either repent from their wicked ways or lose their lives untimely.

Wike who recently said that most of the incessant kidnappings in the Federal Capital Territory are politically instigated, stated this during a town hall meeting at the Kuje area of Abuja yesterday. Wike assured the residents of Abuja that he will tackle insecurity and ensure the perpetrators are brought to book. He also stated that providing security is a collective responsibility, urging residents to provide useful and timely information to security agencies when the need arises.

Wike stated, "I know some of the criminal informants are here listening to me, and if you are an informant, you will die the same way those people you are informing will die. You have the opportunity of repenting today or else you are gone. Nobody will pity you. You have seen what the security agencies have been doing in the past few days. That is to show you that it is not business as usual.

Be fully aware that we are ready for you. I told the chairman to make sure that the vigilante groups are empowered and we must do it well. They must be profiled and the security agencies must know them, and to the residents, give us information. You must work with the security agencies and provide them with information. Do not be afraid. I have seen this problem before, and I will tackle it. Let me assure you that no amount of blackmail will stop us from carrying out our assignment."