Ruger reveals he prays before he goes on stage to perform

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
Ruger reveals he prays before he goes on stage to perform

Screenshot_20230919-130211_Google.jpg

Popular Nigerian musician Ruger has revealed that he prays before he performs on stage. Ruger's real name is Michael Adebayo Olayinka and he is a Nigerian artist. He began singing at a young age while in his church choir and school music band.

Ruger recently shared that he prays before he goes on stage to perform any song. He revealed this recently during an interview on the latest episode of the Zero Conditions podcast.

Screenshot_20230919-130157_Google.jpg

He revealed that before he goes on tours, he usually works out, prays and fasts, to prepare his spirit, body and soul. He says he prays and fasts so he is prepared spiritually.
He stated “Before I went for my America tour, I used to go to Eko Atlantic and I would pick a particular perimeter and run like four times around and then get back into my car and go home. it helps my energy. I made sure I ate well, slept well. Prayer too. Fasting and prayer just to be prepared spiritually"

He also mentioned that he is a Christian and the people with him were very shocked and even asked how come he prays before going and stage to dance with girls. Recall on many occasions during his performance, Ruer would dance with some girls.
In his words “ It is just work. We are allowed to party. It’s just like I’m partying. I’m not a bad person. The fact that I dance with girls on stage doesn’t mean I’m a bad person.”

He added that he ensures that the girls he brings up to the stage are of legal age he shared that his team also ensure they are above 21.