Ruud Gullit Maintains Stance On Carlo Ancelotti Being A Better Manager Than Sir Alex Ferguson And Pep Guardiola

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Ruud Gullit, a former teammate to current Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti and also a former Ballon d'Or winner, thinks Carlo Ancelotti is a superior manager to Pep Guardiola and Sir Alex Ferguson.

Sir Alex Ferguson and Pep Guardiola are the two most decorated coaches around, due to their influence on the game and how they have shaped football ideologies and philosophy.

The two can be regarded as the greatest managers of all time after winning 18 Premier League titles and the Champions League five times between them.

The latter who recently won the treble with his Manchester City side for the first time in the club's history has contributed immensely to the soccer game.

But former Real Madrid and Ac Milan striker believes the title of the best manager should go to Carlo Ancelotti or "Don Carlo" as he's popularly called.

Guillit based his argument on the premise that his ex-teammate, Don Carlo has won all five major European leagues.

In retrospect, Carlo Ancelotti's footballing journey has seen the Italian coach clubs like, Ac Milan, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG, and Chelsea. He also won their domestic titles with each club.

The Italian dominance on the European stage, being the only manager that has won the Champions League four times, more than any other manager should also be considered according to Ruud Gullit.

I think Ancelotti is a bit bigger than Sir Alex and Pep due to the Champions League he’s won! He’s top-notch, and he’s the king of European success,' Gullit told Gambling Zone, as quoted by Football Italia.

Ruud Gullit also discussed at length about his former sides' chances in the Champions League this season.

Coincidentally Ruud Gullit played for both Ac Milan and Newcastle of group F, with the group stages concluding this week and German side Borussia Dortmund leading the log with 10 points.

The group that has been tagged the group of death by football enthusiasts has lived up to its name.

Both of Ruud Gullit's teams have the potential to qualify to the Round of 16.

Although Gullit claims he felt sorry for the magpies after a late controversial penalty robbed them of a famous win in Paris.

'I feel so sorry for Newcastle – the decision was unbelievable. I think they deserve something out of the Champions League,” said Gullit when speaking on the infamous penalty decision at the Parc des Princes.

Rudd Gullit however pledges loyalty to Ac Milan as he is rooting for them to come out of group F.

Milan is, of course, my team. I hope they get a result. I don’t know what will happen between Newcastle and Milan. I’ve seen Milan a lot this season, and I know they can play. They’re a good team. It’s going to be difficult for Newcastle.'

The final matches of the UEFA Champions League will be played this week and we will all get to know who will join those who have already booked their spots in the round of 16.