Sister I'm from the village...I don't understand phonetics, Nigerian Minister of Works tells Arise News correspondent

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Sister I'm from the village...I don't understand phonetics, Nigerian Minister of Works tells Arise News correspondent​

Nigerian Minister of Works, David Umahi, is making headlines after he complained about his inability to comprehend the intonations of an Arise News correspondent, Laila Johnson-Salamo. Laila was asking him questions regarding the conditions for seeking project approval, but he couldn't understand her. He voiced out immediately urging Laila to take it easy on the phonetics but she said she couldn't help the way she spoke.

David Umahi then mentioned that he was raised in the village and he doesn't understand a single word she uttered. In response, Laila asked for those sitting beside him to interpret her questions so he would understand what she asked. He said, "Sister, I was raised in the village. Me I no dey hear phonetics. So try to speak....I need interpreter o.

Netizens found this interaction hilarious and at the same time, embarrassing as they dropped their observations in the comment section.