South African Singer, Tyla shares something she loves about Asake

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
South African Singer, Tyla shares something she loves about Asake

1701880544778.jpeg

Popular South African Singer Tyla has revealed one of the things she loves about Asake who is a famous Nigerian singer. Asake is a popular Nigerian singer whose real name is Ololade Ahmed. Tyla was speaking during a recent interview where she revealed that she likes the style Asake incorporates into his music. She mentioned this while sharing how Afrobeats has been a part of her influences. She revealed this during a recent interview with RollingStone. She mentioned the genres of music that have influenced her and she mentioned Afrobeats as one of them.

1701880515570.jpeg

Her full name is Tyla Laura Seethal but she is simply known as Tyla. She is 21 years old. She was born on the 30th of January, 2002 in Johannesburg. She is a well-known South African singer and songwriter. She was born and raised in Johannesburg, in South Africa. Her debut album is titled "Getting Late" and after the release of this album, she got signed to a record label known as Epic Records in 2021. Tyla is famously known for her hit song titled Water.

She revealed that apart from Afrobeats, R&B is also another genre that has played a major role in shaping her music. She revealed the R&B girls and boys who have influenced her in one way or the other. It was here she then mentioned how much she loves the use of Stacked vocals. She cited Asake's use of stacked vocals as an example. She revealed how much she loves the way he uses this saying it gives the feel of a choir singing.

In her words
"Something I really love in Afrobeats is when I hear those stacked vocals, it sounds like a choir. I really love the way Asake uses it. Yeah I love the way it sounds"