The famous Berger bus stop terminal in Lagos

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos may have plenty of bus terminals, the famous Berger bus stop terminal is one of the popular bus stops in the metropolitan state.

23634D5F-66CB-4374-89AD-A776D0CDB442-512x384.jpeg

Here are few things you should know about the famous Berger bus stop in Lagos:

1. Berger bus stop derived its name from the popular Julius Berger construction.

2. It is the most popular bus stop in the heart of Lagos because you can get a bus that links you to anywhere in the city.

3. The new Berger bus stop was commissioned by former Lagos State governor Akinwunmi Ambode on 16th May, 2017.

4. From Berger bus stop, you can board a bus to other cities across Nigeria such as Ibadan, Abeokuta, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Ijebu-Ode, Ore, Owerri and so on.

5. Though Berger bus stop terminal provides a seamless experience for commuters, it is also regarded as a notorious place due to pickpockets and touts who have dominated the area. Therefore, when traveling from Berger Lagos, one has to be careful and stay alert at all times.

Now let's proceed...

Berger bus stop Lagos is home to plenty of buses going to various locations including inter-state travels. The good thing about Berger is that it borders between Lagos and Ogun State. The road is linked from Lagos down to Mowe, Ibafo which leads to Ogun State.

From Berger junction, you can board any bus to virtually everywhere in the city. There are two major bus stops at Ojodu Berger bus stop. One is situated along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway while the other is situated around the Oshodi-Apapa expressway.

You can get a bus from Magboro to Berger, from Mowe to Berger and to anywhere around Lagos and even Oyo State.

These three areas are very close to Berger bus stop so it is very important to know their distances. From Magboro to Berger, it will take you about 13 minutes to reach there. In 20 minutes, you can travel from Mowe to Berger. From Arepo to Berger, it will take you approximately 50 minutes to reach your destination.

The transport fare to these stops will take about 2,000 to 2,500 with a cab but the bus fare isn't up to that amount but may vary according to fuel price and traffic around Lagos. The bus fare may take about 800 or less.

BERGER BUS STOP TERMINAL IN PICTURES

Berger-Bridge-2.jpg

Screenshot_20231229-120248.pngScreenshot_20231229-120430.png

Last edited:

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
what are the transport fair for these stops

Arepo Bus stop

Berger Junction

Berger lagos

Magboro to Berger

Mowe to Berger

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
thousands of Lagos commuters pass through Berger Bus stop daily, many going to work in Lagos while others are going home or going to take buses to other states.

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
On May 16, 2017 , the new Berger Bus-stop was commissioned by the Akinwunmi Ambode administration.

The Berger-bus stop is located on the fringes of Lagos state that borders with Ogun state.

This key transport hub and interchange features an extensive pedestrians bridge, lay-bys, slip roads, public conveniences, etc.

The reconstructed/remodeled Berger bus stop gave the location a modern and coordinated ambiance.

Today, sadly, Berger bus-stop is fast slipping back into its former chaotic and dirty outlook.

Indeed, the new Berger Bus stop is fast degrading.

The place screams a lack of maintenance. The paint job is fast fading away, there are litters all over the interlocked tiles, hawkers have indiscriminately taken their enterprise all over the place, touts (agberos) activities further heightens the chaotic state of the place, etc.

Indeed, this further lends credence to the belief that maintenance culture in Nigeria is a big problem – especially with regards to public facility management.

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
People keep saying that Nigerians are dirty just because this Berger bus stop is always dirty, well the government are trying to clean up lagos.

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
What is the address to Berger Bus Stop in Nigeria, Lagos. ?

Berger Bus-Stop​

Olowora, Ojodu Berger 105102, Lagos, Nigeria.

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
here is the pictue of Berger bus stop, Lagos

Berger-busstop-degrade-4.jpg

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
here is what people are saying about the condition of this bus stop

The only thing our criminal politicians know best is how to award contracts, take their cut and stuff it in with Babariga—senseless people. Whatever becomes of the contract after their 4-year "chop-make-I-chop" 'gofament' is not their wahala o.

Btw, how can Nigeria take Facility Management (FM) seriously when no Nigerian institution offers that at either undergraduate or postgraduate level? We have a long way to go abeg. I hope private universities like CU will take up this challenge and bridge the prevalent gap in our *never-innovating" and "ever-stagnant" public universities.

Many public universities in this country have not added any new Course in the past 40 years, despite the day-to-day changes and trends in the business environment. Over 200,000 useless B.Sc. & HND Quantity Survey degrees on the streets, yet we are hoping that someday angels will come manage our public and private facilities.

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
Lool lagosians will steal the trash bins
If the bins are immovable you would still see people litter the floor
I am almost certain the Lawma sweepers sweep that place every morning.

Harsh and very extreme measures are what will work in lagos, 50k fine or 3months in prison for littering should be a start, if any governor implements this its also here on nairaland we would say arrh governor xyz is being unfair to the citizens.

The problem with Nigeria is Nigerians o jare.

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
People are saying Berger Bus stop is dirty and filty, well, it in the no so clean part of Lagos and a lot of traffic and human pass through that side daily.

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
People should allow Nigeria some time and thing will change. Those Agberos and pick pocket thugs will be chased out of that place and then people will start enjoying the bus stop and they need to or want to.
Bro a day will come,all these things won’t remain d same... Things are changing definitely agberos will be a thing of the past

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
The only thing our criminal politicians know best is how to award contracts, take their cut and stuff it in with Babariga. Senseless people. Whatever becomes of the contract after their 4 year "chop-make-I-chop" 'gofament' is not their wahala o.

Btw, how can Nigeria take Facility Management (FM) seriously when no Nigerian institution offer that at either undergraduate or postgraduate level? We have a long way to go abeg. I hope private universities like CU would take up this challenge and bridge the prevalent gap in our *never-innovating" and "ever-stagnant" public universities.

Many public universities in this country have not added any new Course in the past 40 years, despite the day-to-day changes and trends in the business environment. Over 200,000 useless B.Sc. & HND Quantity Survey degrees on the streets, yet we are hoping that someday angels will come manage our public and private facilities.

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
OP, i still passed through the place a few weeks ago. There is nothing wrong with the actual construction (the bridge, the interlocking floor, the median, etc), the only problem is the dirty nature of most Lagosians/Nigerians.

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
SECOND BERGER ENFORCEMENT The Full Squad of the Lagos State Ministry of Transportation led by Commissioner, Hon. Seun Osiyemi, Special Adviser, Hon. Sola Giwa and the Permanent Secretary, Mr Wale Musa once again stormed Berger bus stop and environs, where commercial vehicle drivers park recklessly at laybys, bridges and expressway which has constantly disrupted traffic flow. After visiting for the first time, the level of compliance was very low, which necessitated a second and a stronger visit/enforcement. A lot of commercial vehicles were arrested. The Commissioner and Special Adviser assured Lagosians and the commercial bus drivers that the enforcement operation will continue until full compliance is done.

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
I stopped to buy "ewedu" at Berger bus stop one day & a bundle was N50 & N20. I asked the woman with a baby at her back how much is the total cost of the ewedu in the tray, and she said around N1500. Wow I was curious, so I asked her if that is all what she will sell for the day, she replied no, but noted that she is trying raise around N8000+ to buy breads from a bakery & sell it. Since i just collected N15K from the POS, I gave her N10K & left. Guess what, I came back at night to check if she lied & I saw her with a tray of breads ( I didn't let her see me tho) I shed tears