The only Nigerian artist that truly loves me is Dremo - Ruger

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer Michael Adebayo Olayinka popularly known as Ruger has revealed that the only Nigerian artist that truly loves him is his senior colleague and rapper Aboriomoh Femi Raymond popularly known as Dremo.

img_1696777164931_1.jpg

While speaking to Afrobeats Podcast, Ruger revealed that in the entertainment industry, many people wants to be friends because of their selfish and personal interest and once they get what they want, they'll leave. He said the only person that loves him convincingly is Dremo.

"The only artist friend that truly loves me, you'll be shocked is Dremo. Dremo loves me and I love him too. I respect him so much", he said.

Ruger recalled when he was recording his debut album "Ru The World" and how Dremo gave him his full support. He said Dremo lived in the same estate as his mix engineer so he would always come with him to the studio everyday. Some days when he was unable to gain access into the estate, once he reaches out to Dremo, he was ready to help.

He continued, "I don't know how we connected honestly. I can't explain it. It just happened and that's the way I like my friendships. I want it to flow. I hardly like letting someone introduce me to people. Let it just flow."

Ruger mentioned that different people have turned him down in the past many times on a first time basis. He said this is due to the fact that he is very tolerant until he can't take it anymore.

Dremo is a 30-year old Nigerian rapper and recording artist from Edo state. He is currently signed to Davido Music Entertainment (DMW). He came into the limelight in 2016 when he released his hit single Fela.