The song Ogaranya is a testimony of my life right now - Adekunle Gold

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Adekunle Gold revealed in a recent video that his hit song Ogaranya is a testimony of how his life is at the moment.

20230722_064502.jpg

He reflects on his journey from when he started music till now and is grateful because he got everything he has always wanted.

He said his song Ogaranya is an update of his song Pick Up from the Gold album. He mentioned that when he wrote Pick Up in 2015, he didn't have everything he had now and that song was just him asking God for the good things of life.

"I asked God for a car, a Range Rover. For a wife, my own family, to take care of my own parents and everything I said in that song, I have it now. So I felt like I needed to make a life update. And that's what I did with Ogaranya.", he said.

Few years later, he has gotten everything he wanted and more. He now has a wife, a family and a car. He takes good care of his parents and he is very comfortable unlike before.

20230715_000117.jpg

He continued, "I said butterflies in my tummy when the money enters. I bought a German for my baby and bought a house for my mom. So it's basically a testimony where I'm thanking God for a new level."

He revealed that Ogaranya was the last song he submitted for his album Tequila Ever After and he knew from the get go that the song would be a hit.

He said he sees himself as Ogaranya, meaning a wealthy man in Igbo. He said he had always wanted to write a song with some Igbo elements in it because he loves the culture and language.

Video credit: TikTok @adekunlegold