Tottenham Secure The Acquisition Of Former Chelsea Flop On Loan Deal, With An Option To Buy

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Tottenham Hotspur have secured the acquisition of former Chelsea flop Timo Werner from RB Leipzig on a loan deal with an option to make the move permanent.

According to reports, Tottenham will cover the player's wages for the remainder of the season with a buy option reportedly worth around 15 million pounds.

The signing of the 27-year-old bolsters Ange Postecoglou's attacking selections heading into the final few months of the season as the Londoners target a UEFA Champions League place.

The former Chelsea striker returns to the English Premier League after two years he parted with the Blues between 2020 and 2022, where he bagged 23 goals in 89 appearances across all competitions.

The Germany International striker then returned to his old club side RB Leipzig at the beginning of last season and scored 16 goals for the Bundesliga outfit.

However, since the beginning of this current campaign, he has scored two goals in 14 appearances due to limited game time.

Following his announcement as the new Tottenham Hotspur player, Timo Werner said; "I hope I can be the best player I can be here. I can play every position in attack".

He added; "When I left the Premier League I missed it because it is the best league in the world. When I joined my old club, I said I wanted to be a winner and in the end, we won the Champions League, so it should not be too bad to say I come here to win titles".

Spurs have strengthened their forward line by adding Werner to the team after Heung-Min Son left for the Asia Cup in January, with fellow forward Alejo Veliz out for two months with a knee injury.

Tottenham will be looking to add some further signings to Werner before the month is out, with Genoa ace Radu Dragusin a probable arrival as they aim to increase their center-back options.

Meanwhile, Tottenham manager Ange Postecoglou could be the man to assist Werner in rediscovering his best form at a time when the striker is striving to return to the Germany squad for Euro 2024.

What's next for Timo Werner?

The new Tottenham signing could potentially make his debut this Sunday, January 14, when the team travels to Old Trafford to take on Manchester United in the Premier League.

Tottenham, on the other hand, will return to the pitch on Saturday, January 27 with an FA Cup fourth-round tie, before then hosting Brentford at home four days later, following a week with no game due to every Premier League side taking a winter break in the middle of the month.