Vincent Enyeama, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Davido, And Others Pour Encomiums On Super Eagles goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Stanley Nwabali was astonishingly sublime during the semi-final of Nigeria's Africa Cup of Nations encounter with South Africa on Wednesday, February 7, 2024.

Nwabali pulled out several saves to deny Bafana Bafana during regulation time and extra time, with him also making excellent saves during the shootout.

After playing out a 1-1 draw in regulation time, Stanley Nwabali made 2 important saves in the penalty shootout to send Jose Peseiro's side to the final, with the Super Eagles winning 4-2 via spot kicks.

Nigeria has in the past 6 years had an issue with the goalkeeping department, with several goalies failing to meet up to the standards expected of them.

Following the retirement of Vincent Enyeama from the national team and the brief stint of Carl Ikeme, it has been hard to find a standard goalkeeper to fill the void.

Francis Uzoho and Maduka Okoye are notable names who have been handed the opportunity, but unfortunately, they have on many occasions fluffed their lines.

Anyway, Stanley Nwabali appears to be the answer to the problems in recent years, with the confidence, calmness, and positional awareness that he has shown at the tournament thus far.

Additionally, Nwabali has produced great reflexes and cat-like saves, which has helped Nigeria go all the way to the final and are on the brink of glory.

The 27-year-old has played for several clubs in his career, including Nigerian giants Enyimba, alongside Lobi Stars, Wikki Tourist, and Nigeria National League club Go Round FC.

He last played for Katsina United in the Nigeria Premier Football League, before exiting the club to join South African side Chippa United.

Stanley Nwabali will likely end up as the goalkeeper of the tournament, following his brilliance throughout the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The Nigeria international has kept 4 clean sheets in 6 matches, an impressive figure by any margin.

Following his heroics against South Africa, Nwabali took to Instagram to express his undying love for the Super Eagles.

The shot-stopper also sent out his love to South Africa, stressing that he loves the country as much as their fans love him.

He wrote: “This is a game I’m born to play. A night to remember!!! I felt every bit of it!! Brick by brick and dreams are coming true.

“No love lost at all. I still love South Africa as much as their fans loves me. My name is Nwabali Stanley Bobo and I love this team with all my heart. ”

Several celebrities subsequently trooped into his comments section to pour encomiums on him for his brilliance.

Afrobeat legend Davido simply wrote: “Hero”, while retired legendary goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama expressed how proud he was of Stanley Nwabali, writing:

“Congratulations my dear.You are my man of the match. I am so so so proud of you.you have done e so so well."

Ikechukwu Ezenwa, who also kept in goal for the Super Eagles between 2015 and 2019 wrote: “Super proud of you” with the flag of Nigeria included alongside the heart emoji.

Several musicians, reality television stars, skit makers, and comedians from the great African nation amongst others also poured encomium on the Chippa United goalie.