Wayne Rooney Outlines Dream Of Managing Manchester United Or Everton “In Next 10 Years”

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Wayne Rooney has stated that he is aiming for a swift return to management to actualize his dream of managing Manchester United or Everton.

Rooney was dismissed by Birmingham City in January 2024, after 83 days in charge of the club.

Wayne Rooney was fired by the Championship side due to a run of bad results which saw the team lose 9 games out of the 15 matches he superintended and they additionally slumped to 20th on the table.

The Englishman has previously had stints as manager of Derby County and Major League Soccer club DC United.

Speaking on BBC Match of the Day, Rooney spoke about his dream of coaching Manchester United or Everton.

He said: “Managing Manchester United or Everton is the aim, these big jobs are where you want to get to."

However, Wayne Rooney added that “it's a process” and he has to go through the process to get himself into the reckoning for the job.

The 38-year-old said: “But it's a process, I have got to go through the steps and get myself back on track.”

Rooney made these assertions whilst speaking as a pundit during Manchester United's FA Cup clash against Nottingham Forest on Wednesday, February 28, 2024.

Wayne Rooney said: ”I want to get myself back into management to make sure in the next 10 years I'm hopefully in a position to go into one of the big jobs.”

The Manchester United great was appointed as Birmingham City manager on October 11, 2023, replacing John Eustace, who left the Blues 6th on the Championship table.

Rooney failed to guide the team to higher altitudes, with the team languishing and falling to the 20th spot on the log under his tutelage.

Following a run of poor results, Birmingham City decided to cut ties with Wayne Rooney, firing him after a 3-0 loss at Leeds United on January 2, 2024.

Rooney admitted that his dismissal at Birmingham City was a “setback”, but he is confident of making right his wrongs when he gets back into management.

Wayne Rooney said: “I definitely want to get back into management. It was a setback that happened at Birmingham but I'm a fighter and I want to get back into it.

“You know as a manager [being sacked] is part of the job and you will have setbacks. It's about how you bounce back.

“I've had some good time to reflect and will make sure I get it right next time.”

The former England international had an amazing football career, winning several trophies, including; 5 Premier League titles, 1 UEFA Champions League, and 1 FIFA Club World Cup.

Fans, pundits, purists, and enthusiasts will be keen on seeing which team Wayne Rooney manages next, given his track record in his few years in management.