What are some playlist-worthy Christian songs?

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

What are some playlist-worthy Christian songs?​

Top-Worship-Songs-1.jpg
Are you a die-hard fan of Christian songs? This article has compiled the best soul-inspiring Christian songs that you can add to your playlist. According to Google search, these are the hottest Christian songs of 2023 that you can listen to in your home. They are all available on streaming platforms like Spoke, Spotify, Audiomack, etc.

List of 30 popular Christian songs​

1. This Is Our God by Phil Wickham
2. Behold (with O Holy Night) [A Christmas Moment] by Travis Cottrell
3. Confidence by Mercy Chinwo
4. Mercy by Moses Bliss
5. Praise by Elevation Worship
6. Tobechukwu by Nathaniel Bassey
7. B'ola by Sunmisola Agbebi
8. Miracle No Dey Tire Jesus by Moses Bliss
9. Wonder by Mercy Chinwo
10. Jesus Christ is seen by Ebuka Songs
11. Trust In God by Elevation Worship
12. Midnight Cry (Vol. 1) by Ebuka Songs
13. Thank You Jesus by Sunshine Selina
14. Daddy Wey Dey Pamper by Moses Bliss
15. I Will Pray by Ebuka Songs
16. Ebenezer by Nathaniel Bassey
17. Hollow by Mercy Chinwo
18. Darling Jesus (mixed) by S.O.N Music
19. Iba by Nathaniel Bassey
20. Holy Forever by Chris Tomlin
21. More Than Able by Elevation Worship
22. Been So Good by Elevation Worship
23. Jehovah by Elevation Worship
24. In Jesus Name (God Of Possible) by Katy Nichole
25. Talk & Do by Limoblaze
26. I Believe It (The Life of Jesus) by Jon Reddick
27. If I Could Have Anything by Housefires
28. God Problems by Naomi Raine
29. Thank God I Do by Lauren Daigle
30. PRAISE YOU ANYWHERE by Brandon Lake

20 Christian Christmas song you should download for next Christmas​

artworks-000179129953-tghqba-t500x500.jpg
Have you wondered what popular religious songs you can specifically listen to during the Christmas festive songs? Below is a list of Christian songs that every Christian can listen to with their family during the festive period.

1. Religious christmas songs by Instrumental by Christmas Music Orchestra
2. Christian christmas songs by Instrumental Christmas Music Orchestra
3. Best christmas hymns by Instrumental Christmas Music Orchestra
4. Born Is The King (It's Christmas) by Hillsong Worship
5. He Shall Reign Forevermore by Chris Tomlin
6. Light Of The World by Lauren Daigle
7. When Hope Came Down by Kari Jobe
8. His Name Shall Be by Matt Redman
9. All Is Well by Michael W. Smith
10. Joy to the World (Unspeakable Joy) by Chris Tomlin
11. Come Thou Long Expected Jesus by Chris Tomlin
12. O Holy Night by Mariah Carey
13. Born in Bethlehem by Third Day
14. Hallelujah by Pentatonix
15. Go Tell It on the Mountain by Love to Sing
16. The Christmas Shoes by NewSong
17. Glory to the Lamb by Marvin Sapp
18. Christmas Day by Chris Tomlin
19. Heaven Has Come to Us by Sovereign Grace Music
20. Ave Maria by Andrea Bocelli

Is Hallelujah a Christian song?​

The song "Hallelujah" was sung by Leonard Cohen before he passed away. Due to the title of the song, many have wondered whether it was suitable to be considered a Christian song. However, Christians do not consider Hallelujah a Christian song. Although it has some Bible verses in it, the song didn't pass as one that is God-honoring. Besides, Cohen wasn't a Christian who knew the Bible. He was a born Jewish who explored different religions as he grew and drew inspiration from them.

Therefore, Christians do not consider his song one that should be used to glorify God's name in worship. Listen to the song here.

Is you raise me up a Christian song?​

You Raise Me Up is a song recorded by Secret Garden in 2001. There have been several covers of the song since its initial release and many gospel song lovers have wondered if it can be considered a Christian song. Well, the answer is Yes and No, depending on your interpretation of the song.

Who comes to your mind when listening to the song, is it God or a friend of yours who helped you in some tough time? Unlike Hallelujah which as clearly stated not to be a Christian song, You Raise Me Up doesn't have a direct answer to that question.

Listen to the original version of You Raise Me Up below

Is daylight a Christian song?​

Yes, Daylight is a Christian song dropped by David Kushner in April 2023. It became a popular song after it was consistently used by TikTokers. It has been confirmed that David is Christian and his songs were inspired by his faith.

In case you haven't listened to Daylight, watch the music video on David's YouTube channel below.

Is Mary on a Cross a Christian song?​

There are many interpretations of the song Mary On A Cross and according to popular opinion, none of them is religious. It was dropped by the Swedish music band known as Ghost in 2019 and has become their most-streamed song with over 100 million streams.
Some have argued that the song was about marijuana, others concluded that it meant sex. So, it is not appropriate to call it a Christian song.

Is Soldier Poet King a Christian song?​

Yes, it can be considered a Christian song. It tells a story about the second coming of Jesus Christ and the interpretation saw Jesus as a poet, savior, and the king. It was a song written by a band known as The Oh Hellos as part of the tracklists in the album Dear Wormwood.

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
why not add some Nigerian worship songs? Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa or English Nigerian songs