Why I felt bad when Fireboy and Oxlade became superstars - Spyro

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
spyro.jpeg

Nigerian singer Oluwasanmi Oludipe David popularly known as Spyro reveals why he felt bad when his colleagues Adedamola Adefolahan aka Fireboy DML and Ikuforiji Olaitan aka Oxlade became superstars.

In a recent interview on Tea With Tay, Spyro recalled how he went from being an upcoming artist to having a successful musical career. Reminiscing his early days, Spyro recalled feeling excited when his song was promoted on the popular music blog NotJustOk.com thinking he had become successful. Spyro said he felt less of himself when Fireboy DML and Oxlade gained popularity because he thought he stood a chance.

He recalled how Oxlade and Davido came to perform at his show while he was still an upcoming artist. He thought his song "Funke" featuring Davido would be the one to change his life but he never knew he had a long way to go.

Not to be misquoted, Spyro explained that though he was happy about Oxlade and Fireboy's growth, he was triggered by it. He said, "These were like my smallies. So it was so painful for me. I got frustrated. I would cry. That's why people don't understand when I talk about Jesus."