Why my last relationship didn't work out, Nigerian lady reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Why my last relationship didn't work out, Nigerian lady reveals​

A Nigerian lady on X with the handle @BekeShine described what transpired between her and her talking stage that led to them separating. He had informed her of his intention to receive 60% of her monthly income once they got married. He expects that she hands over 60% of her salary to him every month as the man of the house. When @BekeShine asked him about what he would use his monthly income for, her talking stage said it was none of her business.

Technically, he wanted to receive 60% of her income and add it to his, without accounting for the things he would use the money for. She considered this a red flag and immediately fled before things got too far.

While narrating her story, @BekeShine wrote, "Let me give you people gist. So, my talking stage said, if we eventually get married, I will give him 60% of my income to plan with it. I asked him what would happen to his own 60% and he said I'm not supposed to question a man's decisions. Haa I'm not talking again o."

As a woman, can you transfer 60% of your monthly income to your husband?