Why Wande Coal didn't promote my song "Umbrella" - Nasboi reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
How-I-convinced-Wande-Coal-to-feature-on-my-song-%E2%80%93-Nasboi-reveals.png

Popular comedian Nasiru Lawal popularly known as Nasboi has revealed the reason why singer Wande Coal didn't promote his hit song "Umbrella".

In a recent interview with Hip TV, Nasboi stated that he didn't feel the need for Wande Coal to promote his song because the feature was the push he needed to make the song a viral hit. Nasboi said Wande Coal had no business promoting his song for him because he owns the song so he should be able to promote his craft well without needing help from another person.

Nasboi's song "Umbrella" featuring Wande Coal was released in December 2023 and became one of the most streamed songs for the month. The song was heavily promoted on social media platforms and in no time, people caught the Umbrella fever. Due to its catchy lyrics and dance steps, thousands of people took part in the challenge on TikTok and other platforms, increasing its virality.

Nasboi's transition from being a comedian to a singer isn't one we experience that often in the Nigerian entertainment industry. Meanwhile, Nasboi once revealed that he began his career as a singer but had to switch to skitmaking when it wasn't paying off. Then, Nasboi used to make videos of himself mimicking singer Davido. He used that as an avenue to promote his music but later delved into skitmaking fully.