2023: CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, breaks silence on presidential ambition

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (25).jpeg

Godwin Emefiele, the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has responded to a viral claim that he intends to run for president in the 2023 election.

On Saturday, Emefiele posted on his verified Twitter page that he had yet to decide on a position and asked for prayers.

The CBN president stated that God would guide his decision in the coming days.

Should he decide to enter the competition, he claimed he would fund the project with his hard-earned earnings, in accordance with Nigeria's constitution.

"I am humbled by the growing interest in me running for President of the United States in the 2023 general elections: I have not made that decision."

He stated, "I take note of and applaud the efforts of those farmers and patriots who have gone so far as to raise personal funds and offer me Presidential Nomination Forms; I thank them profusely."

"I will use my own hard-earned savings from over 35 years of banking leadership to buy my own nomination forms in an open and transparent manner in full compliance with the laws and Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria," Emefiele said if he responds to their calls and decides to run for president.

"And if I do not run for political office, I will continue to serve and sacrifice for Nigeria's decent people under President Muhammadu Buhari's capable leadership."

"This is a significant decision that requires supernatural intervention: the Almighty will direct in the coming days."