Actor Keppy Ekpeyong advises parents to have open communication with their children

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
Actor Keppy Ekpeyong advises parents to have open communication with their children

Screenshot_20230825-115325_Google.jpg

Popular Nigerian actor Keppy Ekpeyong has shared some advice to parents saying they should have open communication with their children. Keppy Ekpeyong is a Nigerian actor known for his roles in movies like when live happens, fine wine, hire a man and many others.

He recently appeared on the With Chude Podcast in an interview with Chude Jideonwo who is a popular Nigerian media personality.

Screenshot_20230825-115405_Google.jpg

He went on the advice parents to have open lines of communication with their children. He shared how important open communication with the children is.
According to him he said that closing the doors of communication would mean the children would begin to hide and the parents won't even know them.

He said, "We have come to find out that if you close particular doors of communication between you and your children, you’ll be really shocked at who you think your children are because they would hide behind those closed doors and you don’t want to know when you get in".

He went ahead to give an example of himself and his children saying he and his children are very free with each other.
He says some others because of how they were raised may not be so free to do certain things.

He also said, "My son can walk up to me and pull my ears and say, ‘Old man with your big ears’ and I wouldn’t think anything about it, you know. But there are some people who see it and they are cringe and they are afraid because they can’t and wouldn’t dare relate with their folks that way."

He shared that communication with one's children is so so important. He also shared how close he and his mother were.

See interview