Actor Olaiya Igwe begs for forgiveness for campaigning for President Tinubu

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Actor Olaiya Igwe begs for forgiveness for campaigning for President Tinubu​

Olaiya-Igwes-praying-for-Tinubu-1140x570-1.jpg

Nollywood actor Olaiya Igwe is pleading with Nigerians for forgiveness over the campaign he hosted for President Tinubu during the Presidential election. He reflected on how he campaigned for Tinubu at the ocean, praying to gods to allow him to emerge victorious in the election. Olaiya said he was motivated to campaign for President Tinubu because of the relationship he had with him. He narrated how the President footed his medical bills when he was extremely ill and had no one to turn to.

He further begged Nigerians to forgive his naivety because he didn't know any better. He said, "I received a revelation to pray for Tinubu at the beach and I honored it. After I did as it was revealed to me, I received tons of insults and curses from Nigerians. However, I didn't allow any of that to get to me because I knew how much people loved me due to the roles I played in movies. They were probably wondering what led me to campaign for Tinubu. And those insults were from those supporting the opposition party."

To accept his apology, netizens ordered actor Olaiya to go unclad like he did when campaigning for Tinubu. Some continued to bathe him with heavy curses while some believed he was begging for forgiveness because President Tinubu didn't end up paying him for the campaign.
==